Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Humanities Unit 1 Reflection

What did I learn?
I learned about what historians, archaeologists and anthropologists do. I learned how to be an archeologist. I learned what cultural and scientific dating were, along with a couple million other things
Also, while doing the essay, I went from knowing almost nothing about Stonehenge to knowing a lot. Now I know things like when it was built (around 2500 BC) and other facts about Stonehenge.
What did I find most interesting?
The thing that I found most interesting was the facts about why Stonehenge supposedly could be a UFO landing site. I got to visit sites filled with conspiracy theories and other wacky information.
What learning skills I was able to practice and how?
I practiced many learning skills, like research skills, which I used before I wrote the essay to help me learn enough to write the essay. I also used bibliography-making skills, because I used Noodle Tools to form my bibliography. Another skill I used was essay writing, which I learned in English, because in order to write a good essay, I need to know what goes where etc. I used note-taking skills while taking notes on the chaters. I used excavating, observing and recording skills at the archaeological dig.
What did I learn about myself?
I learned that I can write a surprising amount about a topic I think I don't know so much about.

No comments:

Post a Comment