Monday, April 11, 2011

My Ancient Egyptian Art

Our latest assignment was to create art in the style of ancient Egyptian art. It had to be realistic so that it could be on a tomb or palace wall, and the subject of the art had to be a something that ancient Egyptian artists would normally paint. I'm a pretty terrible artist, but I tried my best when making my art.
 In my artwork, there is a slave on his knees fanning a pharaoh who is sitting on a chair. Around the two men there are words and phrases written in hieroglyphics. The pharaoh is no pharaoh in particular, it can represent any pharaoh. I'll call him Pharaoh Adrianus. The pharaoh is elevated but the slave is on the ground, which represents the fact that the pharaoh is much more important than the slave. Also the pharaoh is adorned with fancy jewelry while the slave is wearing nothing but a skirt-type thing. This also represents the pharaoh's superiority over the slave.


No comments:

Post a Comment