Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Ancient Egypt Unit Reflection

Our unit on ancient Egypt is over and like always I have to do a unit reflection.
In this unit, I was an inquirer because I did lots of research on ancient Egypt and found out a lot of information. I was knowledgeable because of all the information that I gained from researching. I think being knowledgeable is a result of being an inquirer.
Out of the ATLs, I tried to work on my organizational skills this unit because I met due dates and I even tried working ahead on our projects instead of leaving them  to the last minute. I also organized my teaching project in a logical way that helped people understand what I was teaching.
And to answer our unit question:
How did the physical environment affect the development of civilizations?
The physical environment was one of the most important factors in the development of civilization. The physical environment dictated where people could live and where they could not. For example, all humans need water to live, and so civilizations need water too. If there is no source of water near the civilization, people cannot live there. The physical environment sometimes also served as a barrier between one civilization and another. Egypt was protected by desert from invaders, which made it a strong and invasion-resistant city. Additionally, the physical environment controlled how people interacted with other civilizations. Egypt had the Nile River which could be use as transport to other civilizations for trade or warfare. Without the river, many things would not exist in Egypt, but one of them is that there would be no trade with other civilizations. All in all, the physical environment is one of the most influential things in the the development of civilization.

No comments:

Post a Comment